7. Principles of Western culture and etiquette.
1. Application of placebo in medical practice.
3. Should women earn more money than men?
3. Violence, aggressiveness, drugs and other negative aspects of sports.
2. The advantages of riding a bike and the disadvantages of driving a car.
3. Racist and sexist language and how to avoid it.
7. Psychiatrists, psychologists, and the treatment of depression.
3. Basic table manners in Western countries.
3. Stages most people go through in adjusting to a new culture.
1. How to start and how not to start a small business.
Useful resources for English teachers.
3. Friendship between women and men.
8. Gender equality and the importance of sex education.
9. Principles of marketing management.
2006-2014.AllRightsReserved. Algirdas Makarevicius.
1. Categories of lies; white lies and their meanings.
8. Malaria – problems of treatment in developing countries.
2. Problems of ethnicity and race in the modern world.
2.Famous athletes and the history of the World Olympic Games.
3. Problems of traffic jams and their solutions.
3. The importance of failure and success in our careers.
2. Money is the only source of happiness.
5. Cultural misunderstandings (case studies).
1. Transportation, global economy, Japan and trade war.
4. Coping strategy for culture shock: survival techniques.
5. How to make your business successful.
4. Problems of gender equality in China.
3. How to manage small and large companies.
3. The secrets of successful communication.
10. Euthanasia and its psychological effects on humans.
9. Human cloning and its possible consequences.
7. Psychological differences and similarities between women and men and how to improve communication.
4. Major business tycoons and their lives.
1. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
2. Differences of relationships between parents and children in China and in Western countries.
Every student must hand in an outline to the teacher before giving her/his presentation. The outline must be printed on one page (A4 size page) and must contain the student number, the name of the student in English and in Chinese, title of the topic and the basic points of the presentation. The font size must be Arial 9.
8. The advertising industry; the Internet and advertising.
6. Men are worse gossips than women.
Youwill finda sample of an outlinehere.
4. How to maintain good relationships between doctors and patients (topic for group discussions).
1. Culture and cross-cultural misunderstandings.
Students choose their presentation topics (each students selects a different topic).
4. Marriage, friendship and responsibility.
4. The advantages and the disadvantages of co-educational and segregated schools.
1. Women, money, crime and suicides.
5. The most widely spread diseases in China and problems of their treatment (AIDS, Hepatitis B, arthritis, etc.).
6. Automobile, pollution and accidents.
7. Problems and solutions of energy in 2020.
3. What should a good doctor say and what should a good doctor not say to a patient (case studies).
Week 10No classes (May Day holiday).
4. Famous mountains, seas, rivers, waterfalls and deserts.
2. Etiquette and cross-cultural misunderstandings.
1. Differences between Western business etiquette and Chinese business etiquette.
5. China and preparations for Beijing Olympic Games.
6. Loss weight dieting, health and depression.
2. Continents, cities and countries of the world.
6. The importance of failure in our careers.
6. Foundational triad of Western culture.
2. Friendship, love and successful communication.
2. Major business tycoons and the reasons or their success.
2. What is the truth and how can we find it?
5. The advantages and the disadvantages of feminism and anti-feminism.
4. Professionals, amateurs and new kinds of sports in the 21st century.
2. The advantages and the disadvantages of Chinese herbal medicine.
3. Famous quotations of famous people about truth and lie.
6. The Internet business: how to make money online.
8. Western culture of thinking, speaking and writing.